The John W. Meagher Rotunda Gallery, located on the second and third floors of City Hall in Jersey City, features rotating monthly exhibits curated by the Office of Cultural Affairs and community partners. Often, we are seeking new artists to participate in shows based on a series or theme. Check this page often to learn more about our call for art, and guidelines on submitting work.
Open Call: December 2019 – Installation Art
This is an open call for submissions from eligible visual artists for an ongoing series of public exhibits of Installation Art in Jersey City Hall’s Rotunda Gallery.
Artists who wish to display should submit work following the below steps:
- Installations may make use the 3rd floor rotunda and railing to attach and/or suspend artwork (see image 1, 2, 3, & 4)
- The installation art may be created and installed at the exhibition site, or fabricated off-site and then later installed
- The installation art may incorporate the structural features of the Rotunda, resulting in a three-dimensional site specific work that transforms the viewers’ perception of the exhibition space
- The exhibit concept can be a Video Installation that combines video technology with installation art, and can include monitors and/or projectors, as well as live performance
- The exhibit concept can also be a Sound Installation, and can include interactive art technology (computers, sensors, mechanical and kinetic devices), speakers, and musical instruments, as well as live performance
- All elements, materials, tools and technology required for the installation of the artwork must be supplied by the artist
- All artwork must be installed and removed by the artist in accordance with the contracted work timetable
- All installation materials and components must be lightweight, possess no sharp edges, and pose no risk to public safety.
Submit your Installation Art Proposal via e-mail or on CD or DVD. Please include all details, plans, schematics, comps, models, etc. for review. Also, please include the time requirement for constructing and completing your Installation on site.
Artists will receive notification of our receipt of materials and of their project status via email. Please submit via e-mail to: email@example.com Or, submit via regular mail to: Office of Cultural Affairs, 4th floor, City Hall, 280 Grove Street, Jersey City, NJ 07302